91 minutos/ 2009 / 35mm
This is the story of Yuma a strong-willed and rebellious girl from the poor neighborhoods of Managua who dreams of being a boxer.
Managua, today. Yuma wants to be a boxer. In her poor neighborhood, gangs fight for control of the street. In her home, lovelessness is the name of the game. She dreams of the ring, energy and agile feet and hands. They are also her only options.
A street, a theft, a chance encounter: Yuma meets Ernesto, a journalism student from the other side of the city. Despite their differences, they fall in love, attracted to each other by their shared desire to find their own space in the world.
Director: Florence Jaugey
Script: Florence Jaugey
Production: Camila Films, Ivania Films. Wanda Visión, Araprod.
Cinematography: Frank Pineda
Edition: Mario Sandoval
Sound: Arsenio Cadena/ Julio Molina
Music: Rodrigo Barberá
Alma Blanco: La Yuma
Rigoberto Mayorga: Culebra
Gabriel Benavides: Ernesto
Juan Carlos García: La Cubana
Eliézer Traña: Yader
María Esther López: Scarlett
Guillermo “Polvorita” Martinez: Polvorita
Salvador Espinoza: Alfonso
– Mention of the Jury for Opera Prima. Festival del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano de La Habana. Cuba.
– Best Actress. Festival of Cartagena. Colombia
– Best Supporting Actor. Festival of Cartagena. Colombia
– Prize of the Catholic Organization for Latin American and Caribbean Communication. Festival of Cartagena. Colombia
– Best First Film. Guadalajara Film Festival. Mexico
– Best Actress. Guadalajara Film Festival. Mexico.
– Best Actress. South American Film Encounters Marseille. France.
– Best Actress. Malaga Film Festival. Spain.
– Jury Prize. Malaga Film Festival. Spain.
– Audience Award. San Francisco Film Festival. USA.
– Best Actress. Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala.
– Biarritz Latin American Film Festival , France. (Oct. 2009).
– Mannheim-Heidelberg International Film Festival. Germany. (Nov. 2009).
– Festival del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano. Havana Cuba. (Dec.2009).
– Göteborg International Film Festival, Sweden. (Feb. 2010).
– Cartagena International Film Festival. Colombia. (March 2010).
– Miami International Film Festival. USA. (March 2010).
– Guadalajara International Film Festival. México. (March 2010).
– South American Film Encounters Marseille. France. (March 2010).
– Latin American Film Encounters, Toulouse. France. (March 2010).
– Malaga Film Festival. Spain. (April 2010).
– Lima Int Film Festival. Peru. (August 2010).
– Gramado Film Festival. Brazil. August 2010).
– Amsterdam World Cinema. Holand. (August 2010).
– Los Angeles Latino Film Festival. USA. (August 2010).
– Montreal World Cinema Film Festiva. Canada. (September 2010).
– Latin Beat. Walter Read Theater. Lincoln Center. (September 2010).
– San Francisco Latino Film Festival.USA, (September 2010).
– CINEMAISSI. Finlandia. (October 2010).
– Portland Latino Film Festival. USA. (October 2010).
– Filmar en América Latina. Switzerland. (Nov. 2010)
– Thusis Int. Film Festival. Switzerland.(Nov,2010)
– Festival Icaro. Guatemala. (Nov. 2010)
– Brighton Film Festival. Inglaterra. (Dec. 2010)
– Cinema Mundi. Czech Republique (March. 2011)
– Latino Film Fest, Salzburg and Viena ( March 2011)
– Cinema Mundi. Poland (Abril. 2011)
– Chicago Latino Film Festival. (Abril 2011)
Moviciety, Cine Latino, Ibermedia TV, Olympusat, Phoenix China, VEO Egeda.
Buy the DVD
EN LITERATO NICARAGUA
EN TRIGON FILM SUIZA
EN FNAC FRANCIA
EN JOUR2FETE FRANCE
EN PRICE MINISTER
EN JOSEPH GIBERT FRANCE
EN AMAZON. fr
Sending a mail to Camila Films
DISTRIBUTION IN USA BY PRAGDA