Director, producer, script writer and actress
E.N.S.A.T.T. École Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Téchniques du Théâtre. National Superior Thearter School in Paris.
Born in France, she works in Nicaragua. Winner of a Silver Bear at Berlinale 1998 with her short film Cinema Alcazar and of the award of the Society of Authors in International Documentary Festival “Cinema du Reel” in Paris (2002). Her debut feature, La Yuma (2010) won 16 international awards and was selected to represent Nicaragua at the Oscars 2011. Her second feature was broadscast “Naked Screen” ( 2014) was broadcast by HBO and Fox and selected to represent Nicaragua in the Goya and Fenix and Platino award. In 2016, Cinéma du Réel Film Festival in Paris focus on her work with Frank Pineda with a tribute to their documentary films.
• Un trozo de azul. A speck of blue. 2018. Video Documentary. A production by Camila Films.
Winner for Nicaragua of the DOCTV Latin America program and broadcast through public TV in 21 countries of the continent
• Girasoles de Nicaragua. Sunflowers of Nicaragua. 2017. Video Documentary. A production by Camila Films.
– Jury Prize, Festival “Filmer le travail” Poitiers France 2018
Festivals selections: Docs Barcelona, Workers Unite Film Festival. New York. EDOC Ecuador. Visions du Réel, Suisse, Media Catalog on line. Rencontres du Cinéma Latino-Américain de Bordeaux, Luxembourg Film Festival, Traces de vie, Clermont Ferrand, IDFA, Docs for sale.
• La Pantalla Desnuda. Naked Screen. 2014. Feature Film. A production by Camila Films, Nicaragua. Selected for Goya, Platino y Fenix Awards.
Festivals Selections 2015:
Cine Global International Film Festival, Dominican Republic. Huelva Int. Film Festival, Spain. Santa Barbara International Film Festival, USA. Panama Int. Film Festival. Chicago Latino Film Festival, USA. Salzburg and Vienna Latino Film Festival, Austria. Belize International Film Festival. Gran Rapids Latin American Film Festival, USA. Montreal World Film Festival, Canada. AFI Latin American Film Festival in Silver Spring. San Francisco Latino American Film Festival. Icaro Film Festival in New York. Image of the South Film Festival. Córdoba Spain.
• Días de Clase. Class Days. 2013. Documentary
• El Engaño. Deceit. 2012. Documentary
Best Central American documentary. Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala, 2012.
Human Rights Award. Contra el silencio todas las voces film festival. Mexico. 2014.
• La Yuma. Feature Film. A coproduction Camila Films, Nicaragua – Ivania Films, Mexico – Wanda Visíon, Spain – Araprod, France.
– Mention of the Jury for Opera Prima. Festival del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano de La Habana. Cuba.
– Best Actress. Festival of Cartagena. Colombia
– Best Supporting Actor. Festival of Cartagena. Colombia
– Prize of the Catholic Organization for Latin American and Caribbean Communication. Festival of Cartagena. Colombia
– Best First Film. Guadalajara Film Festival. Mexico
– Best Actress. Guadalajara Film Festival. Mexico.
– Best Actress. South American Film Encounters Marseille. France.
– Best Actress. Malaga Film Festival. Spain.
– Jury Prize. Malaga Film Festival. Spain.
– Best Actress. Gramado Film Festival. Brazil.
– Jury Prize. Gramado Film Festival. Brazil.
– Audience Award. San Francisco Film Festival. USA.
– Best Actress. Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala.
• Managua, Nicaragua is a Beautiful Town. 2007. Documentary. Video production by Camila Films.
Best Central American documentary. Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala, 2008.
Best photography. Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala, 2008.
Telesur Award. Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala, 2008.
• De Niña a Madre. Episodios 1 y 2. Girls to Mothers.Chapters 1 and 2. 2006. Documentary Film. Video production by Camila Films.
UNICEF Films 4 lives award./ UNICEF UK Award, International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival. Glasgow. 2006.
Dirk Vandersypen Award. Best documentary. Belgium. 2007.
Jury Mention. Cairo Film Festival. 2007,
• Historia de Rosa. Rosa’s Story. 2005. Documentary Film. Video production by Camila Films.
1st Prize. IV Latin American Independent Video Documental Film Festival “Contra El Silencio todas la Voces”. México. 2006.
Jury Mention. Human Rights Film Festival. DerHumAlc. Buenos Aires. Argentina. 2006.
• De Niña a Madre. Episodio 1. Girls to Mothers. Chapter 1. 2004. Documentary Film. Video production by Camila Films.
Audience Award. Best Documentary. Belize International Film Festival 2005.
Special Mention. Latin American Video Film Festival. Rosario. Argentina 2005.
Festival selections: Leipzig Documentary Film Festival. November 2004/Muestra Int. de Documentales. Bogota. Colombia. November 2004/Icaro Central American Film Fest.. November 2004/ IDFA/ Docs for Sales. Amsterdam. December 2004/ FIPA. Biarritz France. Oficial selection. January. 2005/ Cartagena Film Festival. Colombia. February. 2005/ Belize Int Film Fest. February 2005/ “Its all true” Documentary Film Festival. Brazil. March 2005/ Munich International Film Festival. 2005/ DerHumAlc. Human Rights Film Festival. Buenos Aires Argentina. August 2005.
• La Isla de los Niños Perdidos. The Island of Lost Children. 2001. Documentary Film. Video production by Camila Films.
International Prize of the Author’s Society (SCAM). Award for best documentary. Festival Cinema du Réel, Paris. France.
Union Latina. Award for best documentary. Biarritz Latin American Film Festival, France.
First Prize. Docupolis Documentary Film Festival. Barcelona, Spain.
Best documentary, best script and best cinematography. Icaro Central American Film Fest. Guatemala.
Jury Special mention. Cadiz Film Festival Spain.
Festival selections: Leipzig Int. Documentary Film Festival, Germany. IDFA, Amsterdam. FIPA/Biarritz, France. Films du Réel, Paris/France. Films de Femmes, Créteil/France. Thessaloniki Documentary Festival. Greece. München Documentary Film Festival. Germany. It’s all true Documentary Film Festival. Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo. Brazil. Int. Spanish Film Festival. Málaga. Spain. Documentary fortnight at MoMA. N.Y. USA 2002. New York Havana Film Festival. USA. Chicago Latino Film Festival. USA. Providence Latino Film Festival. USA.
• El Día que me Quieras. The day you love me. 1999. Documentary Film. Video production by Camila Films.
Union Latina . Award for best documentary. Biarritz Latin American Film Festival, France.
Award for best edition, Icaro Film Festival. Guatemala.
Jury Prize. San Juan Cinemafest. Puerto Rico.
Festival selections: FIPA/Biarritz, France. Cartagena Int. Film Festival, Colombia. Cinema du Réel, Paris, France. Festival de Cannes, France. Festival des Films du Monde, Montreal, Quebec. Malaga Int. Film Festival, Spain. Biarritz Latin American Film Festival, France. Trieste Latin American Film Festival, Italy. San Juan Cinemafest, Puerto Rico. Festival de la Habana, Cuba. Int. Fest. for Human Rights, DerHuMALC, Argentina. Amnesty Int Film Fest, Amsterdam. North South Media Festival. Genève.
• Cinema Alcazar. 1997. Short film. 35 mm. Camila Films production.
Silver Berlin Bear. Berlin Int. Film Festival.1998.
Prize of the Ecumenical Jury. Berlin Int. Film Festival. 1988.
Prize Cacho Pallero. Best Latin American Short Film. Huesca Int Film Festival. Spain. 1998.
Prize Pitirre for best short documentary. Cinemafest. San Juan Puerto Rico. 1998.
• El que todo lo puede. The almighty one. 1997. Documentary film. Video production by Camila Films.
• La Hora de los generales. The hour of the generals. 1992. Documentary film. Co-directed with Frank Pineda. Production South/Channel 4, U.K.
• Muerto de Miedo. Scared to death. 1991. Short fiction film. 16 mm. Co directed with Frank Pineda, Production by Camila Films. Nicaragua.
Best Latin American short film. Huesca Int. Film Festival. Spain. 1993